Three Days Backpacking in Varanasi
Varanasi, once known as Benares or Banaras and Kashi, is a historical city in northern India. The city is sacred to Hindus and Jains and also one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, with settlements dating back to the 11th century BC. This ancient city plays host to many thousands of pilgrims who come here to bathe in the holy waters of the River Ganges & the scene of pilgrims doing their devotions in the River Ganga at sunrise set against the backdrop of the centuries old temples is probably one of the most impressive sights in the world. The city can be scorchingly hot in the summer months so, if possible, time your visit to fall between October and March, and bring something warm to wear for chilly days and nights.
Arrival and Local Exploration:
We start our journey early morning around 09:00 Hrs. from Varanasi Railway Junction.
We hire a Tuk Tuk and travel to a Hostel near Dasaswamedh Ghat around 10:30 Hrs.
Around 11:30 Hrs, we start out to explore this land older than any recorded history itself.
We return back to the Hostel around 16:30 Hrs.
The evening is to evidence the famous Ganga-Aarti which is an experience for a lifetime.
Boat Safari and Chunar Fort Sightseeing:
Early morning, around 06:00 Hrs, we start for the Boat Safari on River Ganges.
Post Breakfast, around 09:00 Hrs, we start for the famous Chunar Fort. We reach Chunar around 10:30 Hrs. and explore Chunar.
Return back to the Hostel around 16:30 Hrs.
The evening is for Leisure in the holy city.
Kashi - Vishwanath Visit and End:
This is the last day in Varanasi. We start early morning with a visit to the world-famous Kashi Vishwanath Temple.
Post Breakfast, one can roam on the streets and alleys of this lively City or can use the time for some shopping.
Post Lunch, we check out from the Hostel for the Varanasi Railway station. Reach Varanasi Railway Station around 15:30 Hrs.
General Disclaimer Information
- Fixed Departure Trips will have a minimum of 5 Backpackers.
- Only on payment of a minimum of 50% of the trip cost will secure a seat.
Essentials to carry
- Valid Photo ID Proof ( 5 Copies )
- Passport Photograph (5 Copies)
- Your Own Backpack ( Other kinds of baggage will not be entertained)
- Essentials for the Backpack
- Travel to all points of Interest as mentioned in Itinerary.
- Food (Breakfast and Dinner) during Trip
- Boat Ride Charges
- Travel charges till Starting Point (Varanasi Railway Station)
- Travel charges from End Point (Varanasi Railway Station)
- Guide charges
- Entry Fee as applicable
- Permit charges as applicable
- Anything not mentioned under ‘Inclusions’